Statement By The Honourable Minister Of Information And Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, At A Press Conference In Lagos On Friday, 30Th March 2018
FG'S RESPONSE TO THE PDP
The PDP has challenged us to name the looters under their watch
They said they did not loot the treasury Well, I am sure they know that the treasury was looted dry under their watch.
Yet they decided to grandstand. This shows the hollowness of their apology to Nigerians.
Let's just give them a teaser with this list:
1. PDP CHAIRMAN UCHE SECONDUS On the 19th of Feb 2015, he took N200 million only from the office of then NSA
2. Then PDP Financial Secretary On the 24th of Oct 2014, he took N600 million only from the office of then NSA
3. Then National Publicity Secretary Olisah Metuh On trial for collecting N1.4b from the office of then NSA
4. Dr. Raymond Dokpesi, Chairman of DAAR Communications On trial for taking N21 billion from the office of then NSA
5. Former SSA to President Jonathan, Dudafa Waripamo-Owei On trial over N830 million kept in accounts of four different companies
6. Former President Jonathan‘s Cousin Robert Azibaola On Thursday, a Federal High Court ruled that he has a case to answer for collecting $40 million from the office of then NSA
This list is just a tip of the iceberg, and the PDP is aware of this. We did not make these cases up. Many of these cases are in court and the records are available.
Some of the people on this list are seeking to plea bargain, and that is a fact. We insist that Nigeria was looted blind under the watch of the PDP, and that the starting point in tendering an apology is for them to return the loot.
It's like a robber admitting to stealing your car and apologizing, but then saying he will keep the car anyway. It doesn't work that way.
The PDP is a hypocrite. And that reminds me of what English writer William Hazlitt said: ”The only vice that cannot be forgiven is hypocrisy. The repentance of a hypocrite is itself hypocrisy.”
We will not stop talking about the massive looting by the PDP. They brought Nigeria to this sorry pass. We are now looking around for
loans to build infrastructure, and they ask us not to talk about it.
we will talk about it.
Source: FGN iAPP