United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa's leading financial institutions, wrth operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Pans and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria. UBA has grown to become a Pan-African prowder of financial services With over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
Job Location: Lagos Nigeria
Industries: Banking Finance & Investment
- To ensure the business office provides excellent quality banking service to all customers.
- To maintain contact With new and existing customers on routine account management activities.
- To engage customers in cross selling of the bank's products and services including E-sales
Role and Responsmilities
- Customer Relations Management/Sales
- Proactively develop client relationships, anticipate and provrde solutions to client needs and give high priority to client satisfaction.
- Accurately assess the risk profile, suitability and appropriateness of clients when marketing the banks products and services by maintaining an accurate and up to date call report, KYC database.
- Sale to prospective customers UBA‘s E-banking products.
- Enrol new customers, and resolve related issues.
- Engage customers to cross sell bank products and services
- lncrease product sales, and customer loyalty by maintaining good client relationship.
- Open and maintain accounts I'I accordance With the established procedures.
- Apply regulatory requirements such as KVC. Money laundering Prevention procedures at all times.
- Accomplish tasks efficrently by showrng concern for all aspects of the job, pay attention to detail and ensure that output is delivered at the highest possrble standard
- Ensure that the customers instructions are duly effected by applying all standard checks and controls, coordinating wrth other department including head office operations and compliance.
- Ensure proper documentation for all new and existing accounts.
- Ensure timely opening of new accounts on the system.
- Support branch sales and service team.
- Cheque book issuance and maintenance.
- Dormant account reactivation
Customer Service Ambassador
- Service improvement
- Ensure that all walk-in customers are directed to the right counters, assisted in completing transactions, and scanned efficiently.
Service issue resolution
- Answer all customer queries, resolve ‘on the spot‘ service issues, escalate to 80M, issues that cannot be handled on the spot.
- Follow up customers with pending cases, and keep him/her informed.
- Compile and publish customer satisfaction score daily
- Download Customers’ issues from the Group Response Portal (GRP) and monitor resolution of issues logged against the branch through the Business Office staff
- Minimum Educational level B.Sc. in any related discpline
- Prior experience in banking operations is highly desirable
- Relevant banking experience preferably supporting retail customers
- Sales knowledge, skill & experience (added advantage)
- Some knowledge of Banking products and services
- Good understanding of the operational, credit and regulatory risks facing the business
- Business Development and acquisition
- Excellent customer service orientation
- High level of integrity
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Selling skills
- Focused, Motivated & Results Oriented
- Paying attention to details
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fast and error-free processing
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Selling & Marketing Skills
Closing date: 25/05/2018
How to apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should: