1. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy through the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 27.
The DSSC Online registration starts on 3 October 2019 and closes on 14 November 2019. The departments and entry requirements are listed below.
2. ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENLISTMENT INTO THE NIGERIAN NAVY DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (DSSC)COURSE 27
- Seaman: BSc/HND
- Accounting and Budget: Bachelor's degree or HND
- Chaplain:Bachelor's Degree
- Education: B.Ed/B.Sc Ed, PGD Ed
- Engineering: B.Sc or B Eng
- Human Resource Management: B.Sc, BA,HND
- Hydrography: B.Sc or HND
- Imam: BA/MA in Islamic Studies
- Information: B.Sc or HND
- ICT: B.Sc/B.Tech/B.Eng in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Medical: Consultants, General doctor/dental surgeons,Pharmacy, Medical Lab Science, Dental Therapist, Radiographer, Physiotherapy, Optometry, Medical Records/Health Information Management, Dietician, Clinical Psychology, Biomedical Engineer, Public Health Officer, General Nursing/Midwives, Hospital Administration
- Music: BSc/HND
- Sports/PT: BA/HND
- Logistics: BSc/HND/B Eng
- Legal Service: LLB and BL Call to Bar Certification
GENERAL INFORMATION TO CANDIDATES
1. Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
2. Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage in all fields.
3. Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
4. Applicants who obtained credentials from foreign institutions should ensure the certificates are authenticated by the Federal Government
5. All applicants must present O'level West African Examination Certificate (WAEC), in addition to any other results such as NECO. Credit in Mathematics and English is compulsory.
6. NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC is a compulsory requirement for enlistment.
7. Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 meters tall.
8. Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 20 February 2020. Except Chaplains/lmams and Medical Consultants who should not be more than 30 years and 40 years respectively.
9. Serving personnel, Soldier/Rating/Airman, and other paramilitary services personnel must obtain a letter of attestation duly signed by the heads of their units.
10. Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date and time of the aptitude test will be communicated via this website.
11. Applicants are to choose any of the following centers for the qualifying aptitude test:
a. Abuja Centre:
(1) Army Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks.
(2) Command Day Secondary School, Lungi Barracks.
b. Bauchi Centre:
a Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
c. Owerrinta Centre:
Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics College, Owerrinta, lmo State.
d. Lagos Centre:
(1) Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
(2) Navy Town Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
e. Port-Harcourt Centre:
(1) Nigerian Navy Secondary School. Borokiri.
(2)AirForce Secondary School. 115 Special Operations Group, Air Force Base.
f. Sokoto Centre:
Army Day Secondary School. Giginya Barracks.
12. Applicants are to appear for the Aptitude Test with the following:
a. Photocopies of Degree and NYSC Discharge Certificate.
b. Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
c. Acknowledgement Form.
13. Applicants are to note that the entire enlistment process is free of charge and they should refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
How to apply
Interested applicants should:
SUBMISSION OF FORM
14. On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click 'SUBMIT' on the portal to generate the applicant's Transaction ID. Applicants are thereafter advised to print out a copy of the 'Application Summary‘.
For technical support, call 08159999011 and 09018611774 between 08:00 and 17:00 hours only.