The impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) has affected a lot of people's financial status, the stay at home order preventive measures is devastating and worrisome. The weeks ahead will be tough.
Those who may be less affected by this are those who were able to develop work from home skills (Digital job skills). As a result of that, to keep NPower volunteers afloat, not grounded, and not sinking at this period, we have compiled the below information for you to stay afloat.
1) Take Action and start that side hustle business: Put that side hustle business idea that you have been thinking to do into practice. Use the stay at home order restriction to build on your digital job knowledge (The NPowerdg digital job training manual can help you achieve that knowledge) Click here to download the E-book.
2) Take care of yourself: As a first step, don’t neglect your physical and mental health. Exercise, meditate, or do what it takes to care for your body and mind.
3) Be nice to people: Cohabiting comes with its own challenges even with the people we love, especially when we have to be with them 24/7 and it could be frustrating.
4) Learn something new: Is there an old hobby you can pick up again? One upside of your home confinement is that you no longer need to spend time commuting back and forth to work. How about you make that time count for something that will bring you joy or, at the very least, alleviate some stress?
5) Stay informed: Catch up with updates from verified news stations. Don’t share fake news. Stop the panic! Call family and friends to check up: Don't visit! Just call. That is the best emotional support we can give each other at this time.
6) Use your social media platform to pass genuine information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) safety tips to help your community stay safe at this time.