Since the Social investment programme of the federal government of Nigeria commence, a lot have been said by N-Power Officials and beneficiaries on permanent offer issues.
The N-Power officials always remind beneficiaries to service their future before the programme elapse in one year time while beneficiaries are clamoring for permanent offer.
However, one thing that is certain is that there is gain both from the side of N-Power and beneficiaries when beneficiaries are retained at the end of the programme.Below are five things that will possibly happen when N-Power Permanent beneficiaries:
- Nigeria economy will improve with the right engagement of volunteers into the various sectors of the economy to discharge their duties diligently using the experience they have acquired from the N-Power Programme.
- Unemployment will reduce: if N-Power will be able to absorb some of the beneficiaries if not all into the various government organization, the unemployment problem in Nigeria will reduce from the amount of graduates we have in Nigeria, absorbing 500000 Graduates will help a long way. Note not every graduate can succeed as an entrepreneur.
- Illegal Youth Migration will reduced: The rate at which young Nigerians are taking the risk of migrating illegally to foreign countries to seek for better lively hood which sometime turns out to impact Nigeria negatively will reduced.
- Crime will reduce: The problem of crime in Nigeria will reduce when most of these beneficiaries are absorbed into the civil service rather than disposing them back into the streets. An idle man is an evil work shop.
- They will retained their self esteem: N-Power has help many Graduate to regain their self esteem after many years of searching and seeking for employment without any meaningful result of securing a job until they were empowered by N-Power. Letting them go back to the street will lets most of them loss their self esteem again which is not good for the society, absorbing most of them into the civil service will help them retained their self esteem thereby creating a good atmosphere in communities.
Note: not all graduates can succeed as entrepreneur.