The Senior Special Adviser to Mr president on job creation, Mr Afolabi Imoukhuede conducted the first NPower Facebook video chat of the year 2020 on the 4th of March. In the video chat, we noted 8 key things bothering Npower beneficiaries which he discussed.
Below are the 8 things we noted from Mr Afolabi latest video chat:
1) There are two parameter involves in NPower payment process, the first is that payment of volunteers are not done through a third party, it is done directly. Secondly, payment of NPower beneficiaries pass through administrative procedure carefully to safeguard NPower volunteers from identity theft.
2) There are no ghost worker in NPower.
3) NPower is receiving report from monitoring team that some NPower beneficiaries are not going to their PPA.
4) NPower do not process resignation request immediately, there are multiple steps in doing that.
5) NPower is working on device issue and in no distance time, the ministry will be notify of the steps taking in that direction.
6) Npower transition to permanency is impossible because that was not the initial plan of the programme. Volunteer should apply for other opportunities as NPower will continue to work with State government and local government to see how they can create a robust enhancement package.
7) The NPower exit plan for the non graduate has been given to them already. The laptop, tool repairs kits, access provided to master assistance and access to industry players are your exit plan.<8> 8) There is no opening of NPower portal for new recruitment until NPower succeed in exiting those in the program.