The Honourable Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Sadiya Umar Farouq in her weekly review stated that More Than 10M Poor Nigerians have Benefited From NSIP, Npower, GEEP, and Others.
According to the Minister, the MPI survey supports our M&E efforts and transparency initiatives, especially considering that HE President Muhammad Buhari's administration has since 2015, successfully empowered more than 10m poor Nigerians through initiatives like the NSIP GEEP Npower, NHGSFP, and many more.
You may want to also read Why You Should Start A Business Before Nexit Loan Disbursement
The Minister said as we work to eradicate hunger and poverty by 2030, the MPI survey will provide support for the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, disaster management, and social development as it collaborates with different government agencies, donor organizations, and private investors to shape policies and drive real impact in some of the following ways:
1. The use of MPI data to foster government accountability to citizens through improved multi-sectoral interventions targeted at the root of deprivations.
2. Close collaboration with the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) to conduct regular multidimensional poverty measurements alongside monetary measures at national and sub-national levels, understand our true poverty status, and use these findings to shape policy and programming.
3. In partnership with private sector actors and using the special purpose vehicle of Social Investments, create a National and State poverty map/tracker, to provide a vivid representation of progress towards our poverty reduction goal.
This may also interest you GEEP 2-0 - Chances Of Exited Npower Volunteers Benefiting
4. Collaborate with the Ministry of Finance, Budget, and National Planning, in the use of the MPI data to improve budget allocations by sector and State, to optimally target individuals, communities, and areas needing prompt attention.
5. Facilitate a bi-annual multi-stakeholder, multisectoral National Roundtable on Poverty Reduction in collaboration with key stakeholders.