Total is the fifth largest publicity-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. "We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!".
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: International Programme for Junior (VIE) Solar Project Engineer (M/F) Industrial Projects
Location: Lagos Nigeria
Language: Fluent in French and English
Computing skills: AutoCAD, Excel, PV syst or equivalent
Experience level required: 03 years, 3-6 years
- You will report to the Conceptual Design Manager and provide functional guidance and assistance to Sales Department, Solar Business department, Marketing Department, Operations Department, Depots/Maintenance/Plants Engineers, Project Engineers, Plant and Maintenance Department.
- Based in the company’s head office, you will visit any of the company's sites at various locations all over the country where your attention will be required from time to time.
- You will manage projects from layout to commissioning, essentially in Network and General Trade and exceptionally in depots/facilities and ensure that all major and minor projects are executed safely, qualitatively, timely and at optimal cost
- In order to have an idea, an average project cost of solar station is USD 56k, and there are around 65 projects per year
Your activities will be the following:
- Visit company and/ or client sites to carry out engineering assessment and prepare engineering reports identifying the work scope
- Define work scope recommendations and project proposals
- Carry out engineering analysis, design and calculations for projects that have such requirements.
- Prepare cost estimates based on the aforementioned and will define 800 and tender requirements with Quantity Surveyor
- Be the first link between the contractor and company during the whole project
Context and environment
- The selected candidate will receive a VIE allowance according to the Business France rates and the subsidiary will provide an accommodation.
- Please check the following website to make sure that your application complies with the criteria to carry out a VIE assignment: www.civiweb.com
- Master degree in electrical engineering / renewable energies
- Experiences in project management, site supervision and electrical installations
Closing date: 10th June 2019
How to apply
Interested applicant should: