The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) is a Federal Government Agency established to, among others, develop and regulate Information Technology (IT) in Nigeria. In furtherance to transforming the country into a knowledge-based and IT driven economy, the Agency is offering Scholarship award for Masters and PhD in relevant areas of Computer/Information Technology (IT) and IT Law, obtainable in Universities.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the 2019/2020 academic session.
- PhD: Lecturers in Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education with MSc in any Computer and Information Technology related field.
- MSc: Holders of First Class or Second Class (Upper) Honours Bachelors degree in Computer and Information Technology related field and Law.
The Scholarship award is strictly based on merit and the selection is equally distributed among:
- The six(6) Geopolitical Zones for LLM and PhD; and
- The 36 States and FCT for MSc.
The Masters programme will run for 12-18 months while the PhD programme will run for a maximum of 36 months.
All eligible candidates that are interested should log on to the scholarship portal (https://scholarship.nitda.gov.ng) to register and submit all relevant documents. Please note that the registration period is six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
- A comprehensive computer-based Aptitude test will be conducted for the award.
- Only candidates who passed the aptitude test will be shortlisted and invited for interview (which includes a supplementary test, verification of credentials and character evaluation).
KASHIFU INUWA ABDULLAHI,
CCIE Director General/CEO