Yesterday the 16th of December 2019, the Honorable Minister of humanitarian affairs Sadiya Umar Farouq shared an updated regarding her meetup with Mr Afolabi and other NSIP Cluster heads. So we decided to share what we believe and hope that they have discussed! Lots of things regarding the future of N-Power programme and how to better improve the programme. We are beginning top see the result of the meeting as the outstanding October stipend for batch A 2016 beneficiaries are been paid today.
We assumed that what we are seeing on ground today, both parties might have discussed about it since they are key things needed to be discussed for the future of the programme. below are the things:
1) The future of 2016 N-Power volunteers transition into a sustainable venture
2) Preparation to begin recruitment of new volunteers in 2020
3) How to better improve the N-Power non graduate component to empower more Nigerians youths with entrepreneurial and digital skills
4) Better welfare for the N-Power beneficiaries in order to perform their duties appropriately at the various places of theirprimary assignment.
5) 2017 beneficiaries device selection and distribution is probably one of the key discussion because that has long over due.