The Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) of Nigeria is an autonomous body charged with the responsibility to regulate the formation and management of companies in Nigeria.
Steps needed to register your business with CAC:
1. Check for availability of the Business Name (click here). Read more about name reservation and Reserve a new Name.
2. Complete pre-registration form CAC-BNol (Online using Company Registration Portal)
3. Pay filing fee Check the Fees for our Services here. Steps 1-3 can be completed on the COMPANY REGISTRATION PORTAL (CRP)
4. Prepare the signed scan copy of your pre-registration documents for upload as follows:
- Application form
- Filing fee receipt
- Means of identification for the proprietor (s)
5. Upload the scanned documents for processing.
Note: individual/Proprietors can register business names without the services of the legal practitioner, Chartered Accountant, or Chartered Secretary.
Link to register your business:
Visit: https://services.cac.gov.ng or Corporate Affairs Commission office in your state to register your company
For more information, visit the Official Website of the Corporate Affairs Commission: website here
The benefit of registering your business with CAC:
- Easy access to government support. You can apply for loans and grants when your business is registered.
- You can open a corporate account with your registered business certificate.
- When you register your business, customers trust you because they see you as legit and reliable.
- Potential customers feel more comfortable paying into a corporate account because they know their money can be traced. And you can open a corporate account with any bank of your choice with a registered business.
- A registered business gives clients confidence that they are dealing with a reputable organization.
There are many other benefits of registering your business with CAC but we just decided to mention this few here.