Full details of the new National Teaching Policy as signed and approved by President Buhari.
1. Establishment of a Special Salary Scale.
2. Retirement by age is now 65.
3. Retirement by service is now 40.
4. Rural allowance to be provided.
5. Increase in science allowance.
6. Peculiar allowance.
7. Automatic admission and tuition free for kids of Teachers at their place of work.
8. Automatic recruitments of B.Ed graduating students.
9. Bachelor of Education students are to enjoy stipends or education special allowance.
10. Education students in colleges and universities are to enjoy special bursary awards.
11. TETFund will now be used to fund Teaching Practices.
12. Enhanced entry for graduating students into service.
13. Special Teachers Pension Scheme to be established.
President Muhammadu Buhari gave Nigerian teachers the best gift on their day, the International Teachers Day, he approved a special salary scale for them, and increased their years of service from 35 to 40 years. He also approved automatic employment for education graduates.