FG Launched Survival Fund Artisan/Transport Scheme Today 1st October 2020. This scheme will protect and sustain the income of vulnerable Micro and Small Enterprises from the economic disruptions of the COVlD-19 pandemic through the Implementation of various initiatives aimed at boosting the production capacities of the small businesses as well as provision of grants.
The Artisan/Transport Support will Provide 333,000 artisans and transport business operators with a N30,000 operations grant to reduce the effects of income loss.
Self-employed Individuals in the following categories can apply:
- Service providers in the transportation sector. i.e. Bus drivers, Taxi drivers, Ride share drivers,(Uber, BoltTaxify etc) and Mechanics.
- Artisans, Electricians, Plumbers etc.
The following clusters have been identified as targets:
- Mechanics Associations and unions
- Barbers and hairstylist Associations and unions Bricklayer Associations and Unions
- Tailoring Associations and Unions
- Plumber Associations and Unions
- Carpenters' Associations and Unions
- Nigeran Unon of Road Transport Workers (NURTW)
- Keke Riders' Association
- Okada Riders' Associations and Unions
The Artisan scheme is divided into three Streams
STREAM 1: application starts 1st to 15th October 2020. States to apply within this period are: FCT, Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Ogun, Bornu, bauchi, An ambra, Abia, Rivers, Plateau and Delta State.
STREAM 2: application starts 19th to 31st October 2020. States To be announced soon.
STREAM 3: application starts 9th to 21st December 2020. States to apply are: Akwa Ibom, Cross river, Zamfara, Yobe, Sokoto, Nasarawa, Niger, lmo, Oyo, Osun, Jigawa, Gombe, Benue.
Artisan/Transport Scheme Application Requirement
- To apply for the Artisan scheme, applicants will have to apply through an association, although we understand that not all artisan belongs to an association. A small percentage will be given to those without association.
- You must have a bvn and a bank account
- Association must be registered with CAC
How To Apply For The Artisan Support Scheme
Enumerators will be recruited across the 36 states, they are responsible in collating the names of those interested in the scheme. Applicants will have to submit their name to their association leaders, the leaders will in return forward these names to the enumerators.
Note artisans do not require CAC to apply.
Nigerians interested in other Survival fund scheme should Visit: https://www.survivalfundapplication.com to apply.
Watch the Artisan/Transport Scheme launch video below:
You can also CLICK HERE to read the Frequently asked Questions and Answers about Survival Fund Application before you apply to avoid making mistakes.