About Scholarship Scheme
National Information Technology Development Agency Scholarship Scheme 2017/2018 Now Open (Apply Now)
The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) has as its mandate to develop and regulate the Information Technology in Nigeria. Developing and regulating IT will support in transforming Nigeria into an IT driven economy for global competitiveness and the dire need of digital literacy.
The Agency has since 2010 established a scholarship scheme for Masters and Doctoral degree in relevant areas of Information Technology (IT) and ICT Law obtainable in Nigerian (Government and Private) Universities.Outcome
The Agency has successfully sponsored 247 Nigerian Graduates in Information Technology fields at post graduate level and 24 for doctorate. We are continually monitoring skill gaps in the field with a view to help create a capable workforce that can face the challenges of the Agency’s vision of Nigeria becoming an Information Technology driven economy. Criteria:
The Scholarship award is strictly based on merit and is equally distributed between the six geo-political zones for PhD and the 36 states and FCT for MSc. Duration:
The Masters programme will run for one year while the Doctorate programme is expected to run for three years. Minimum requirements:
PhD: Only University and Polytechnic Lecturers with MSc in any Information Technology related field are eligible to apply for sponsorship.
MSc: Holders of First Class or Second Class (Upper) Honours Bachelor's degree, in Information Technology related field and Law. About Scholarship Application Process:
- The Agency places an advert in two National dailies.
- The Agency opens the portal (scholarship.nitda.gov.ng) for application, which will be open for 6 weeks from the date of advent.
- Qualified applicants are shortlisted to write an aptitude test and contacted via email and SMS.
- Successful applicants are notified through email and SMS.
- Verification of original certificates and oral interview of successful applicants.
- Release of award letters to successful candidates.
Interested applicants should visit the link below to apply:
Click here to Apply