The safety of the life of a corps member is of paramount concern to the Nigeria Nation. This is because the ultimate success of the corps member as a catalyst for unity and social development is inexorably linked to his being alive. So, as we move into an election period it's important I communicate with Corps members as their contributions in participation in elections is of great help to the Nation at this period.
It is not going to be an easy task especially for the new corps members but it worth more to be part of the exercise. The fundamental of a successful service year is the orientation course programme followed by other vital activities that comes with the service. As a corps member, you are lucky to be in service during this period because the experience you would gather while you participate in INEC activities such as engaging in elections processes will be an added advantage in your CV.
So what does it takes Corps Members to be focused during elections?
1. Make up your mind to adapt, submit to and obey all the Election rules and regulations spelt out by INEC
2. Determine to persevere, be painstaking and diligent
3. Be ready to move to remote areas and stay for a day for elections exercise
4. Endeavor, as a matter of compulsion, to carefully read and study all printed matters issued.
5. In group where possible or individually, the corp members should acclimatize with the traditional ruler, local government chairman, district police officer, SSS, Civil defense corps unit etc. These are the key players in the security of the community during elections