Kerildbert Holdings Limited is a leading 3rd Party Logistics Company in the provision of Shipments, Clearing & Freight Forwarding, Customs Brokerage Removals and Procurement Services to firms in the Country.
We are currently seeking to engage a Transport Broker to join our Haulage/Transport team.
The successful candidate should be able to match authorized and reliable transportation carriers to the shippers and ensure prompt delivery of carriers.
Location: Lagos Nigeria
- Collect and submit empty returned container cards and delivery waybills from transporters and return them to the port
- Return delivery order Which states the terminal the container should be returned to the port Follow up goods in transit Manage and update transporters’ database
- Liaise With third parties to move goods in accordance with clients’ requirements
- Investigate and plan the appropriate route for a shipment, taking account of cost, transit time and security Resolve freight discrepancies in a timely manner
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight
- Arrange appropriate packing, terrain, weight, nature of goods and cost, and the delivery and warehousing of goods at their final destination
- Negotiate contracts, transportation and handling costs With carriers
- Maintain strong relationship With multiple carriers
- Check transporters’ safety rating and liability and ensure it is of an acceptable standard
- Check for delays and inconsistency in offloading
- Receive delivery documents from transporter and check thoroughly
- Ensure the transporter is Within the return period as agreed on KHL/transporter contract
- Receive accurate invoices from transporter
- Prepare and raise payment voucher for internal process to pay the transporter
- Enter transaction details into database; delivery location, transporter’s name and the payment amount
- Check for demurrage
- Ability to bargain and persuade stakeholders to secure valuable deals for the Company
- Ability to make and maintain existing and beneficial connections.
- Ability to sequence activities, schedules and maintain timeline.
- Ability to connect with clients and stakeholders in a professional manner
- Ability to communicate effectively With all the Company's stakeholders
- Ability to develop creative strategies to ensure efficient service delivery
- Ability to accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively With high stress situations
- Must be able to generate reports
- Should have a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel
- Willing to travel at any time
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of a year’s relevant experience in a relevant field
- Ability to handle drivers and 3rd Party Transporters
- Practical knowledge of routes Within ports and outside Nigeria
Application closing date: Note Stated
How to apply:
Interested applicants should: