As we countdown to 2020, Npower discussion group has compiled some major events that unfolds in 2019. We usually do this every year to keep our blog readers updated.
Unlike in 2016 and 2017 when N-Power did recruitment, there were no recruitment in 2018 and 2019. However, some major events happened in the year 2019 as regard to N-Poweer programme.
Below are some memorable events that happened in 2019:
1) N-Power/NSIP Programme was moved from the office of Vice President to the new Ministry of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development under the supervision of HM Sadiya Umar Farouq
2) N-Power Tech Software and hardware commences training in all the training campuses across Nigeria.
3) Some States across the country conducted N-Power head count to check beneficiaries who are still in the programme.
4) N-Power volunteers who are found breaking N-Power rules like abscording from work were exited from the programme.
5) NSIP Boss Mrs Maryam Uwais was reappointed for the second term as the Special adviser to Mr president on social investment programme.
6) Mr Afolabi Imoukhuede and Ismaael Ahmed was reappointed for the second term as Special and Senior Special adviser to the president on job creation.
7) N-Power conducted an online survey called "N-Power Survey" to better improve the N-power programme.8) 2016 N-Power volunteers were asked to select a career path of their choice through a transition path survey conducted by N-Power. However, the survey was inclusive as many volunteers are yet to select their path which we believe that N-Power will reopen the link in 2020 by God grace to enable volunteers who are yet to make selection select their path.
9) It was in 2019 that the news of converting some N-Power volunteers into community police break the internet.
10) N-Power conducted a Competition title " IBM DNA Jumpstart Competition" where beneficiaries were given opportunity to login to the IBM digital nation Africa learning portal through the NPVN Portal to study free digital courses and use what they have learn to solve problem digitally in their communities.