With the launch of the Open Treasury Portal by President Muhammadu Buhari, we have decided to publish this post to help you understand with the portal entails.Read below:
1) What is transparency Portal: Transparency portal is a specially designed website by the FGN, to bring information from the various MDAs about the Financial transactions of government to her citizens. This is in line with the government’s zero tolerance to corruption.
2) Who is responsible for the portal: The Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation is responsible for the maintenance of the portal, MDAs are responsible for
3) What is the scope of this portal: The scope covers the daily and periodic publication of the audited and unaudited reports of all FGN Financial activities.
4) Which reports will be on this portal: List of all reports approved by the FEC and more.
5) Does this report represent the true financial status of FGN: Yes.
6) What is the purpose of this publication: Accountability, transparency and to improve governance.
7) Who is exempted from this publication: No Agency of the FGN.
8) It has been claimed that this is geared towards being among the top countries in the world. Which country has it been implemented before: United States of America-USA
9) What are the benefits: It opens up governance, so that citizens will begin to understand and follow up on government programmes. It brings accountability in governance.
10) Can it be regarded as FGN’s official financial communication portal: Yes, this is the only FGN official Channel for financial reporting.
11) Can information therein be used as a legal document to be tendered in court: Yes, subject to section 84(4) of the Evidence Act 2011.
12) In MDA daily payment reports, what are the meanings of the following: Administration, Economic, Law & Justice, Regional and Social Sector? Grouping of MDAs13) Where can I find FGN current Revenues report: Budget performance Reports
14) Where can I find MDA’s detailed daily capital and recurrent expenditure: Daily Payment reports
15) What are the reasons for using Excel and PDF files? The idea behind excel files is to allow the public download and further analyse the report while the PDF files remain the un-editable original copy published at the portal.
16) Where can I get more information about FGN Open Treasury: You can obtain more information from the following sources:
a) The FGN Transparency Portal at https://www.opentreasury.gov.ng
b) Contact the following:
1. Accountant General of the Federation:
Office of the Accountant General of the Federation,
Federal Ministry of Finance, Treasury House,
Samuel Ladoke Akintola Boulevard, Zaria Street,
P.M.B. 7015, Garki, Abuja.
Email: [email protected]
2. GIFMIS Project manager,
Fiscal Governance and Institutions Project
Federal Ministry of Finance,
5th Floor, Treasury House,
P.M.B. 7015, Garki, Abuja.
Telephone +234-09-2340329/ Ext. 1509.
Emails: [email protected] or [email protected]