This update is for 2020 INEC Recruitment applicants who are finding it difficult to upload passport on the recruitment portal. Before you upload passport, you are suppose to check and be sure that your network is strong and that your passport is resize at-least not above 320kb.
The Guidelines below are important thing you should note while uploading your passport:
- Passports Applications with photos that do not match these specifications are liable to be rejected when you come for the interview.
- The image must have adequate brightness and contrast
- The skin tone should be natural. In case of over-exposure or under-exposure of the photo, the skin is either too dark or too light, photo will not be acceptable
- It should show a close up of the head and partial shoulders
- The image should be straight looking, centered with neutral expression; Face should be in sharp focus and clear
- The face from forehead edge to bottom of chin should be 70 to 80% of the photo or one inch height
- The eyes must be open and no hair obscuring the face
- Prescription glasses if worn should be clear and thin framed and should not have flash reflection or obscure the eyes
- Head coverings, hair, head-dress or facial ornaments should not obscure the face
- The photo must have plain light background
- There must be no other people or object in the photo
- The lighting must be uniform with no shadows on the face or behind
- Red eye photos are not allowed
- No lines are allowed
- No PNG image allowed
- Max size of the passport allowed (320KB).
According to the guideline, Passports Applications with photos that do not match these specifications are liable to be rejected when you come for the interview. Applicants are advised not to submit photos with any of the defects listed above.
It is preferable you used a computer or a device with strong network and browser in order not to encounter error while accessing the portal.
Applying in the morning by 2am to 5am when the load of applicants on the portal is reduced can save you the stress of slow loading and network error.