Applications is invited by Sanlam group for its 2021-2022 Actuarial Science Bursaries for South Africans.
Sanlam Retail Affluent business (SRA) is dedicated to empower South Africans in the middle and upper income segments to be financially confident, secure and prosperous. With deep client understanding and a focus on excellence in technology, client and intermediary experiences, SRA delivers financial solutions including comprehensive financial planning, life and disability insurance, credit solutions, savings and investments, retirement and fiduciary services that can be accessed through various platforms.
Part of our commitment to our trade is recognising that for one to be a master in their trade, support Is a key ingredient. That ts why we offer bursaries to scholars who have enrolled to study Actuarial Science in 2022.
Who are we looking for:
If you are a South African citizen, whiz at maths, enjoy a good challenge by solving difficult problems and are willing to remain focused and disciplined through years of studying and training, then you are just who we're looking for.
This may also interest you FG To Launch A Job Training Fellowship For Nigeria Graduates
What do we offer:
1) Tuition and accommodation fees
2) General allowance (Books and pocket money)
3) Mentoring and academic support from Sanlam actuarial professionals
4) Vacation work and networking opportunities with Sanlam staff
5) Guaranteed employment after completion of studies
6) Continued support and payment towards actuarial board exams
7) Range of work rotation opportunities across a broad spectrum of disciplines
What do we require:
- Academic results :
- Final 2020 Grade 11 results
- Grade 12 mid year 2021 results
- NBT results
- Final grade 12 results may be used as determining factor
- An above 90% score in Mathematics and an overall A aggregate
- A motivation to support your application that answers the following questions:
a. In your own words, can you describe what an actuary does?
b. Why do you want to study actuarial science?
c. Why do you believe you have what it takes to become an actuary?
d. Why should Sanlam choose you to be a bursary holder?
e. If you are not successful at becoming an actuary, what other career paths are you considering?
Closing Date: 31 July 2021
How do you apply
Interested and qualified Applicants should Click here to apply online and attach the following documentation:
1) Comprehensive CV as indicated, Certified copy of your ID, Final Grade 11 results and Grade 12 mid-year results, Motivation to support your application.
Please note that all applications need to be completed online. No applications will be accepted via email or after the closing the date.