The Acumen Fellowship program is an intensive leadership development program cultivating a pipeline of tomorrow’s social change makers. Over the course of a year, Fellows remain in their jobs While participating in five, multi-day immersive seminars and engaging in online content between seminars. Currently operating in Malaysia, Bangladesh, Colombia, East Africa, India, Pakistan, and West Africa, the Fellows Program equips leaders from across the country or region With the knowledge, skills and community to become more effective, collaborative agents of change.
Application are invited for:
Program Title: Acumen Fellowship Program 2019/2020
Location: Africa, Asia and others
Our Fellows are individuals Who dare to do What’s right, not What’s easy, to create positive change in their region. Fellows can come from diverse cultural, geographic and socioeconomic backgrounds and work in any sector, and they must be committed to ending poverty and injustice in their community through their work. They are individuals Who are making a long-term play at system-level impact and are seeking the leadership skills and moral imagination to make it happen.
The Fellows we seek are:
- Typically in one of the following trajectories: entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, and organizational builders Whether for-profit, nonprofit, or in government. We define that as...
- entrepreneurs: founding or leading a for-profit or nonprofit organization that provides critical goods or services to the underserved
- organizational builders: supporting the growth of an organization, institution, or company focused on alleviating poverty or injustice but not as the founder of CEO
- intrapreneurs: creating innovative solutions to tackle poverty or injustice from Within an existing institution by shifting its culture and building new collaborations
- Individuals Who have a demonstrated history of impact, commitment and concrete connection to the region.
- Leaders With strong personal integrity, unrelenting perseverance and moral imagination.
- Committed individuals ready to undergo an intensive year long personal transformation and leadership journey followed by an induction into the larger Fellows Community.
- Individuals of all ages and education levels Who are able to participate in a program conducted in English, or in Spanish for those in the Program in Colombia.
Application Opening and Closing date:
Applications Will open July 8th 2019 and closes August 11th 2019 for our 2020 Fellowship cohort
How to apply:Interested applicant should visit: https://acumen.org to apply.
Note: Application opens July 8th 2019. However, you can sign up for the West Africa info sessions below:
West Africa Info Session:
1) Kaduna, Nigeria: June 29
2) Kumasi, Ghana: July 10
3) Accra, Ghana: July 11
4) Preetown, Sierra Leone: July 13
5) Banjul, Gambia: July 15
6) Lagos, Nigeria: July 17
7) Abuja, Nigeria: July 19
8) Lagos, Nigeria: July 19
9) Cape Coast, Ghana: July 20
10) Freetown. Sierra Leone: July 20
11) Makeni & Bo, Sierra Leone: July 21
12) Calabar, Nigeria: July 30
13) Enugu Town, Nigeria: August 1
14) Freetown, Sierra Leone: August 4