The FG Explained The Scope Behind Npower Batches ABC Programme via the Ministry of Humanitarian affairs. According to the Ministry, the Npower Programme has impacted the youths of the programme in the socio-economic development of the county. Below are 16 things to They listed:
FG Explained The Scope Behind Npower Batches ABC
1. How are N-Power beneficiaries recruited?
Answer: Through an online portal free from political considerations.
2. Dates of commencement of the Batches A and B?
Answer: Batch A commenced in December 2016 and were exited in June 2020 while Batch B commenced in August 2018 and exited in July 2020.
You may want to also read Npower Batch C Resumption - How To Behave The First Day At PPA
3. Date of Commencement of Batch C Stream 1
Answer: August 2021onboarding is currently ongoing
4. How many beneficiaries are in each batch?
Answer: Batch A had 200,000 Beneficiaries, Batch B had 300,000 Beneficiaries, Batch C has one million Beneficiaries in 2 streams. 510,000 in stream 1 and 490,000 in stream.
5. What is the duration of the programme?
Answer: Batches A and B were on the programme for 2 years while batch C will be on for one year. To allow more Nigerian Youths access to the programme.
6. What are the transition plans for the 2 batches of N-Power beneficiaries?
Answer: The FMHADMSD is currently collaborating with the Central Bank of Nigeria in offering possible economic placements and other opportunities to the exited volunteers that meet up with CBNs selection criteria. Over 300,000 exited beneficiaries have indicated interest to be on the exit programme.
7. How many volunteers have the ministry had in the programme?
Answer: A total of 544,949 volunteers cutting across both graduate (500, 000) and non-graduate (44,949) components of the programme in Batch A and B. Batch C has 490,000 graduates in the graduate component that comprises of N-Teach, N-Health, and N-Agro and 60,000 non-graduate trainees, for N-Tech in Hardware, Software, and N -Creative.
8. What is the contribution of donor agencies in the N-Power programme?
Answer: N-Power programme is wholly funded by the FG annual budget since 2016 to date.
9. What's the contribution of State Governments to the programme since the States are major beneficiaries of the programme?Answer: The role of the State Government in this empowerment programme is largely in supporting the implementation as well as the Monitoring and Evaluation to ensure that delivery is in line with the FGs' goals and objectives since it's the States that are beneficiaries of the N-Power programme. This is supervised at the State level by the NSIP State Focal Persons who are appointed by the State governments.
You may want to also read Why You Should Know Your State Focal Person As A Npower Beneficiary
10. Do you recruit those without formal educational background?
Answer: The minimum qualification for entry into the programme is SSCE for the non-Graduate trainees. We are currently trying to review this to accommodate those without any formal educational qualifications.
11. Do you have impact/impacts of the programme on the socio-economic development of the county?
Answer: Testimonials abound of the impacts of the programme are:
a. Some 109,823 beneficiaries have become entrepreneurs employing the services of others.
b. It provides our teeming youth with learning opportunities and job experience.
c. Provides youth income for startups of economic transforming initiatives.
d. It addresses unemployment and improves the livelihood of young unemployed Nigerians.
e. Others have acquired requisite experience and skills that have enabled them secure jobs.
f. Some of them are currently engaged as aggregators for the HomeGrown School Feeding Progromme.
g. The benchmark for every State that benefits from the graduate programme was pecked at 10,000 beneficiaries. This actually means that each state has a monthly drawdown of a minimum of 300million Naira going into the state's economic activities from N-Power alone.
h. Some states get as high as 19,000 volunteers. Numbers beyond the 10,000 per State are based on needs like the poverty index of the State. One can imagine then the multiplier effects of this programme to the States.
12. What's the success rate between the Graduate program and the Non -Graduate?
Answer: The success rate is very high in the 2 components but the rate at which the non-graduate plays is like a ready-made market as they become productive during their training sessions. Most of them are recruited in the various construction industries while others make use of their tools and scout for jobs. On the other hand, State Governments have seen the contribution of the graduate volunteers ( N-Teach) that are attached to the various schools owned by the States.
13. How do you intend to make adequate provision for exited beneficiaries?
Answer: We have studied the programme implementation thus far and have come up with this pilot of the transition through collaboration with CBN in offering opportunities to willing volunteers to use this strategy. Other options are being considered and will be leveraged upon as we continue to roll out the programme.
14. N-Power programme is an interventionist program, how would you ensure the teeming unemployed youths benefit from FGs intervention considering the large numbers of unemployed young Nigerians?
Answer: The assurance is for us to continue to allow the programme to be an intervention thereby allowing others to come in after the duration is completed accordingly. We have also redesigned the programme into a more integrated social investment programme. The aim is to engage more beneficiaries as well as increase the impact on the economy. This also informed the revision of the programme from a 2-year to a 1-year duration. JOB!
You may want to also read Npower Nexit Training - How To Know If You Are Selected
15. The cry for permanency of batches A&B has been so loud, why can't FG provide a permanent job offer to the beneficiaries rather than the transitioned offer?
Answer: Right from the prograrmme design and application process, the duration of the programme is made known to interested persons. Government is to create an enabling environment for youth to build capacity and gain experience through Social Protection programmes like the N-power and not employing permanently over 500,000 in its payroll. This intervention has been considered as the single largest post-tertiary education recruitment in Africa. In reducing the unemployment rate, different tracks have been taken to ensure volunteers and trainees utilize those opportunities and become productive and self-reliant through on-the-job and hands-on experience.
16. Are Applicants or selected beneficiaries expected to make any payment to be selected or onboarded?
Answer: No, the application, selection, and onboarding process are FREE at all levels. Any attempt to extort money from innocent Nigerians should be reported and perpetrators will be penalized according to the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria