Before the distribution of NPower device, beneficiaries were told that their devices comes with one year free internet access which enable them to surf learning materials and the internet on their devices free for one year.
As a result of that, NPower partnered with MTN to distribute the NPower devices to beneficiaries that selected device successfully and fall under the batch of 2016 beneficiaries presently collecting their device.
Nevertheless, beneficiaries need to understand that the free internet on the NPower MTN sim card has 750mb of data monthly which can be exhausted if not properly used before the end of each month. You have only one month to use your 750mb data and when it expired, the next month data will automatically be renewed at when due but at MTN pace. So if you used your data before the month runs out, then you would have to wait till next month for the next data. ( Use your data wisely)
How To Stop Data Wastage on N-power Device Mtn Sim Card
To reduce wastage of data on the Npower Mtn sim, beneficiaries must take note of the following steps below:
- Turn off data when not needed at all.
- Go to data usage on your device and restrict background data.
- People have formed the habit of sending large and annoyingly useless files on WhatsApp. Ensure to turn off media auto download on your WhatsApp. To do this, Go to settings, select data usage, and under media auto-download (when using mobile data), select no media.
- Go to your google play store and under settings, auto-update apps, select auto update apps over wifi only.
- Avoid streaming videos unnecessarily on YouTube and Facebook. Turn off video auto play under settings in both Facebook and YouTube.
- If you must teether the internet connection on your Npower device to your laptop, ensure that you set the connection as a metered connection and password protect the wifi network.
- Always use browsers that conserve data like opera mini and UC web browser for simple web browsing.
Following the instruction stated above will help you manage your data properly and hopefully cut data wastages and help you increase your data validity.
Code Needed to Check Your NPower Sim Card Data
- To check your Data kindly dial *559*24#
- To check the balance on your Npower MTN sim card simply dial *558#
- To recharge simply dial *557* pin#