We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise Here for good.
With more than 86.000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.
Application are invited for:
Title: 2019 Internship Retail Banking
Job Ref: (INRBN619)
a) A suite of banking solutions that are simple, smart and secure. Retail Banking is what most people think of when they hear the word "banking". It essentially covers all the products and services that the Bank provides to make day to day lives easier for everyone, be it:
- Payments making it easier for online or direct purchases,
- Accounts and Deposit Offering providing you simple, smarter and secure options to save and/or grow your money
- Mortgages and Investments offering a range of simple solutions for your residential and financial needs.
b) At Standard Chartered, Retail Banking serves over 9 million affluent and emerging affluent clients and small businesses in many of the world’s fastest growing cities across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our focus is on serving the banking needs of these Priority, Business and
Personal Clients with market-Ieading digital capabilities and best-in class products and services as we make banking simple, smarter and secure.
>About the programme
- The Formal Internship Programme is the Bank's structured Internship programme. As an intern, in the summer before your final year as a student, you'll work directly on real world problems to hone your skills, create lasting relationships and learn about your strengths. The Formal Internship Programme is intended to create a pipeline to the International Graduate Programme.
- Internships is a 10-week program, depending on location, and are open to candidates who are available to start on our full-time graduate programmes in September 2020.
- Internships typically take place during June August, depending on location.
- 10-week program wi“ involve on-the-job training and an innovation project which exposes you to the inner workings of our business to provide real work experience.
- You'll be paired up with a buddy from the International Graduate (IG) Programme and to set you up for success during your internship and provide you insights into what could be your next role as an IG.
- You’ll be assigned a mentor whom will provide you with ongoing guidance and mentorship throughout the internship.
- High performing Interns will be eligible for placement in the Bank's International Graduate Programme.
- We will only consider candidates who have the legal right to work in the country to which they are applying. If candidates are applying for a role in the UAE, we may consider applications from nationals of Middle Eastern and North African countries.
- Interns must be in their penultimate (second to last) year of undergraduate study. We will accept internship applications from final year students who are required to complete mandatory National or Military service after graduation.
All Interns participating in the Bank’s Formal Internship Programme will be evaluated during be used in final recruitment decisions for the International Graduate Programme with an aim to provide an offer before the internship is completed.
Closing date: not stated
How to apply:
Interested applicants should:
NOTE: The Bank does not sponsor work permits for the purposes of Internships.