The World Bank Legal Internship Program is offered thrice a year for a period of maximum three months at World Bank Headquarters in Washington, DC. and in certain selected country offices for currently enrolled law school students.
Who is Eligible For LEGVPU intern?
- Do you hold citizenship of any IBRD member state?
- Are you currently enroll an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, Ph I equivalent program?
- Do you have an excellent command of the English language?
If you have answered yes to all these questions, you are eligible to be a LEGVPU intern. Preference shall be given to candidates who possess a decent command of a second language, especially if that is one of the working languages of IBRD (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russia or Spanish).
Applications from eligible international as well as U.S. based students are equally encouraged.
- Spring Internship Program: Application period will commence on September 1 and end on September 30 (Proposed internship period is for 10-12 weeks, typically between March and May, depending on prevailing needs).
- This is an excellent opportunity for students looking to gain professional experiences at the World Bank in the form of internships during the academic year while enrolled in a full-time law program or for those enrolled in part-time and/or evening law programs.
- According to US. Department of Homeland Sec rules, students authorized to participate in pre-completion OPT may work part-time (20 hours or less per week) while school is in session.
- All applications must be submitted during respective application periods.
Application closing date: 30th September 2019
How to apply
Interested applicants should please submit the below documents through the apply link below.
2. Statement of interest
3. Proof of enrollment in a law degree (LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent) and academic transcript(s).
4. Short essay providing a response to a research question posed by the Legal