The Google global Journalism Emergency Relief Fund through the Google News Initiative is to support small and medium-sized news organizations producing original news for local communities.
The Fund’s aim is to:
- Support the production of original journalism for local communities in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Operating globally, it will provide an easily-accessible route to financial assistance at this critical time.
Application Eligibility Requirements:
- Small and medium-sized news organizations producing original news for local communities during this time of crisis.
- Eligible applicants must have a digital presence and have been in operation for at least 12 months.
- The Fund is targeted at newsrooms employing between 2 - 100 full-time employee (FTE) journalists.
- Local publishers employing more than 100 FTE journalists can still apply and will be considered subject to Google’s discretion, based mainly on differing needs in different countries/regions.
- Organizations must be incorporated or registered in one of the eligible geographies.
- Unincorporated organizations must be based in one of the eligible geographies.
- Eligible applicants need to have a focus on core news provision, i.e. not lifestyle, sports, business-to-business.
- Eligible applicants can include for-profit or nonprofit traditional news organizations, digital natives, radio and/or TV broadcasters.
- Government-owned entities and individuals are not eligible to apply.
Eligible Geographies: Asia pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, North America, Latin America.
Application closing date: April 29th 2020
How to apply:
Interested persons should: Click here to apply