The State Security Service (SSS), self-styled as the Department of State Services (DSS) is the primary domestic intelligence agency of Nigeria. It is primarily responsible for intelligence gathering within the country and for the protection of senior government officials, particularly the President and state governors. It is one of three successor organizations to the National Security Organization (NSO), dissolved in 1986. The SSS operates as a department within the presidency and is under the control of the National Security Adviser.
Department of State Services (DSS) has commenced its 2020 recruitment of Cadet officers. We have provided the requirements and procedure on how to apply below:
Department of State (DSS) Recruitment for Nigerians 2020 Eligibility:
- BSc in any field of study with not less than second class lower division or upper credit for HND holders.
- The applicant must not be more than 30 years as at the date of recruitment.
- BSc/HND certificate or statement of result.
- NYSC discharge certificate( exemption letter not allowed)
- WAEC certificate and first school leaving certificate.
- Birth certificate from a recognized hospital or from population commission Local government of origin attestation.
- 2 passport photograph Application letter for the post of a cadet officer.
Closing date: July 10th 2020
How to apply:
Applicants can only apply from his/her state of origin, Visit your state DSS office and submit hand written application addressed to:
The Director General,
Department of State Security Service